Track & Field
Thank you for your interest in turning out and being a part of our healthy, hard working program here at Kenmore Middle School. Our team has produced many individual champions and team championships over the years. Former KMS Track & Field athletes enjoy success in high school and college, but even more important are those who enjoy their time on the team as they grow and learn.
Our Goal for each of you is to gain experience as an athlete, be part of a special team, stay injury free, and have some fun. Physically you will get in shape. Athletically you will learn some skills. Track & Field can also help you grow in ways beyond the sport.
Team members will be issued a jersey to wear for meets. Athletes will need to provide their own black shorts or pants for all meets. Black PE shorts/pants will work fine.
- Ms. Amanda Overdick - Head Coach
- Former WWU Track and Field Athlete, Educator
- Mr. Gordon Burke - Head Coach
- National Federation of High School Sports, Level 1 Accredited Interscholastic Coach: Track & Field, Educator
- Ms. Shelby Bergren - Assistant Coach
- Former High School Track Athlete, Educator
- Ms. Madi Swidergal - Assistant Coach
- Former High School Track Athlete, Para Educator
7th & 8th graders participate against each other. 6th graders will only participate against other 6th graders. Girls and boys participate against their own gender in each of the following events. Coaches encourage athletes to try different events throughout the season.
|1600 Meter Run|
|400 Meter Run|
|100 Meter Low Hurdles (30")|
|100 Meter Dash|
|800 Meter Run|
|4 x 100 Meter Relay|
|200 Meter Run|
|4 x 400 Meter Relay|