National Junior Honor Society
The mission of the National Junior Honor Society is to create enthusiasm for scholarship, to stimulate a desire to render service, to promote leadership, and to develop character in the students of middle schools. The Kenmore Middle School represents an elite group of students who have demonstrated outstanding academic performance and upheld a commitment to the values of the national organization.
- Maintaining a minimum 3.5 cumulative grade point average;
- 10+ hours of verified of Community Service at home or for a Non-Profit Organization;
- Personal Narrative (250-750 words)
- Abiding by the Kenmore Middle School policies specified in the Rights and Responsibilities Handbook;
- Setting a positive example for others by demonstrating outstanding scholarship, character, leadership, and service;
- Providing a copy of your First Semester Report Card; and
- Payment of ASB fee.
If you meet the grade requirements outlined above, and are willing to make the commitment to the values of the National Junior Honor Society, please complete the application and return it to the Main Office NO LATER THAN 3:00 p.m., Friday March 31st, 2023. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
If students were previously inducted into the Kenmore Middle School NJHS, in order to maintain NJHS membership, students must meet the expected Cumulative GPA of 3.5. Additionally students must complete Community Service hours as well as completing the Community Service form.