National Junior Honor Society
Plans for National Junior Honor Society have been put on hold until the Fall. Once we know what that looks like, an announcement will be made regarding plans. If you completed a form for this school year, either for the first time, or to continue, you will not have fill it out again. Contact Ms. Stewart at email@example.com with any questions.
The mission of the National Junior Honor Society is to create enthusiasm for scholarship, to stimulate a desire to render service, to promote leadership, and to develop character in the students of middle schools. The Kenmore Middle School represents an elite group of students who have demonstrated outstanding academic performance and upheld a commitment to the values of the national organization.
If you are renewing your membership (by completing community service and GPA requirements) or applying for Honor Society this year, please know that any previously published due dates have been extended. Not sure yet when they are extended to, but for now don't worry about a deadline for turning in materials.
- Maintaining a minimum 3.5 cumulative grade point average;
- 15 hours (12 for 6th Grade) of Community Service for a Non-Profit Organization;
- Two (2) Teacher Recommendations;
- Abiding by the Kenmore Middle School policies specified in the Rights and Responsibilities Handbook;
- Setting a positive example for others by demonstrating outstanding scholarship, character, leadership, and service;
- Providing a copy of your First Semester Report Card; and
- Payment of ASB fee.
If you meet the grade requirements outlined above, and are willing to make the commitment to the values of the National Junior Honor Society, please complete the application and return it to the Main Office NO LATER THAN 3:00 p.m., March 20, 2020. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
If students were inducted in the 2017-2018 school year, in order to maintain NJHS membership, students must meet the expected Cumulative GPA of 3.5. Additionally students must complete Community Service hours as well as completing the Community Service form.