Report an Absence
Students are expected to attend all assigned classes each day. It is important that you call the office whenever your student will be absent from school.
Please note: If your student is experiencing a fever of 100.4 degrees or higher, cough or loss of smell or taste, please identify which of these symptoms in your message.
Full Day Absences
All absences must be excused within 72 hours (State Law RCW 28A255).
To excuse a full day absence, you may either:
· Contact the 24-hour attendance hotline 425-408-6410
· Email: KMSattendance@nsd.org
Please provide the following information when excusing a full day absence:
· Identify yourself (mom, dad, legal guardian, etc.)
· Student’s full name and spelling of last name
· Date and reason for the absence
· Please note: If your student is experiencing a fever of 100.4 degrees or higher, cough or loss of smell or taste, please identify which of these symptoms in your message or email.
Please avoid early dismissals on your student’s in-person school days. When possible, change appointments that conflict with in-person learning to their asynchronous days. Please note that early dismissals may take up to 20 minutes. An ID check is required and the person picking up your student must be an authorized adult in ParentVue. Call (425) 408-6464 for an early dismissal. Parents will remain in their car.